Thursday, March 02, 2006

Picture of the Day

I've decided to institute a new feature on my blog: Picture of the day!

The idea is that I post an interesting, weird, cute etc. picture that I've taken and you comment on it. Sound fun? So here goes!

This picture is the mysterious "Women" door. The door is on the north side of the Drury Inn building on Broadway by the Ed Jones dome. This building was built in the 1920s (I think) and it has a parking garage on 3 floors and 3 or so floors of hotel above that. Currently this door (which is not accessable from the outside) goes to a stairwell that leads from the parking garage to the street level. What was this door originally for? There's no "men" door on the building. The only other engraved writing on the building is above the enterance and exit to the parking garage and the basement enterance to the basement parking garage. So if you have any ideas about what this door might have been for, please let me know!

2 comments:

froggiegirl said...

Ironically, a couple hours after I posted my first "picture of the day" blog entry, a coworker sent me this site, Change Me which I am finding very interesting. There are hunderds of pictures that evoke various emotions on the site.

JBear1982 said...

Don't know what the door was for. Maybe a secret meeting place for women,and the only way in is through a hotel employee and a password. That would explain the lack of entry from the outside. Am I on to something or just on something?