Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Willow Wrap Jacket (Create Kids Couture)

I made this pattern in a sew-along on Facebook with the designer, Create Kids Couture. Each day of the sew-along there is an assignment and you post a photo of your progress.

I chose a thin corduroy for the outer layer and flannel for the lining. The sash and ruffle is also flannel, but next time I'll use a cotton for those because I don't care for the look of flannel after it starts to get worn and washed. It's nice and soft for the lining though so I'd keep it there. The pattern calls for a sash closure, but knowing my 3 year old, I knew that was not practical, so I sewed the sash onto the jacket (next time I'll do this before sewing the jacket outer to the lining). Then I added a 1" snap to hold the jacket closed. I am going to add a half inch snap toward the top to keep it closed up there too when my cuckoo kiddo is running around.

This was a really simple pattern, and came together nicely - and it was so fun to watch everyone making the jacket together and posting their photos!

Day 1: Cutting

Day 2: Bodices - outer and lining

Day 3: Skirt and Gathering

Day 4: Bodice Ruffle

Completed Jacket
I am so in love with this pattern! So much so that I am going to make one for myself (yes the pattern comes in girls, tweens and adult sizes!). I'm almost anxious for fall temps to get here so she can wear it!

You can buy this pattern from Create Kids Couture here:

- Girls sizes 6-12 months to size 8
- Tweens sizes 7/8 to 15/16
- Womens sizes XS to XL

No comments: